Monday, July 30, 2007

Baby Shower #3

Finally, the 3rd and final baby shower is done. It was on Friday, but I'm a little slow. I definitely received the most useful gifts at this shower. My in-laws all pitched in and gave me a glider, very useful. And my sister-in-law, who just had a baby in February, gathered up all of the baby items that she uses so that I would be prepared for "W". What a great idea!

Look at all this stuff. I am so relieved.
Also, the Nursery is finally done. You can see the glider in the photos.
And as for knitting, I "finished" another sweater.....ok, so it doesn't have any buttons, but I have looked everywhere for them and I figure as long as I find them or replace them before the sweater actually fits him, I'm ok. That gives me at least 6 months. The pattern is Nougat out of RYC Mother and Baby Book 19. The yarn is RYC Cashsoft DK. You know your yarn stash is getting too big when you select a pattern and you just happen to have the exact yarn that it calls for in the exact color.
And, of course, after the baby shower was over, PBTB gave me the the go ahead to do a little baby shopping myself. This is "W"s stroller/carseat combination, a Peg-Perego in Mod Verde. You can see the carseat blanket that I made him matches perfectly. Everyone gave me a hard time for making it green and black.

And last, but not least, the bassinet is finished after the Yarn Queen and I so cleverly designed this bassinet bumper. Who's idea was it to buy a bassinet from the DI that wasn't a standard size anyhow? I even had to cut off the end of the mattress and make my own sheet.