Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ta-daaa!

For those of you who thought that pregnancy brain had interfered with my knitting capabilities.

I did it.....I finished another knit item for "W". Cable Yoke Jacket, knit from Louisa Harding's Nautical from a pattern in Simply Baby that I altered drastically. I don't know what they were on when they designed the patterns in that book, but apparently they were knitting for non-human type giants. I halfed the entire pattern to get a newborn size. It may be a little small, we will see. If it doesn't fit him when he is born, I can donate it to a preemie at the hospital. I was going to post pics of the nursery, but it's only 95% done. Still waiting for a little touch up paint and a rocking chair. The bassinet is also nearing completion, but after putting in the bedding, we came to the conclusion that it needs a bumper.


Only 4 weeks left, I am not sure whether I am celebrating or not. Getting a little nervous at this point. What am I going to do with a baby?!!!