Thursday, October 4, 2007

If You're Happy and You Know It

I found the coolest website today. If you're anything like me, you wander around aimlessly singing/humming tunes to songs that you don't exactly know the lyrics to. This is especially true for me about songs from my childhood. This was driving me batty while singing to "W". I am certain he doesn't want to hear the same butchered verse over and over again. PBTB definitely doesn't. I love the silly songs from my youth and sometimes I even remember where I first heard them. I will share one with you. My Grandpa still hums this song and that is the only place I have ever heard it. It is also the song I was looking for the remaining lyrics to when I stumbled on this website. I will dedicate it to "JH" from "W".

Oh little playmate, come out and play with me.
And bring your teddies (supposed to be dollies, but we're talking boys here.) three, climb up my apple tree.
Look down my rain barrel
Slide down my cellar door
And we'll be jolly friends for evermore.

Oh little playmate, I cannot play with you.
My teddy has the flu, boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo.

Anyhow, there are lots more on there. Go ahead and reminisce for yourself.
The website is KIDiddles