Saturday, May 3, 2008

Compromise

PBTB and I sold my car from high school a couple of weeks ago. ('98 Mazda Protege) It was originally a graduation present from my parents, but ultimately ended up being PBTB's car. It had been an excellent car, no problems in 10 years. I highly recommend them. It was time to move on. PBTB and I don't necessarily agree on our choice of vehicles, but with a compromise we ended up with a 2004 Dodge Durango Hemi. PBTB would, of course, have chosen some sort of pickup truck. I, on the other hand, prefer foreign designed cars (girls always choose style over function). It had to be strong enough to pull our boat, but I also insisted that it had an extra row of seats. We were looking at some GMC Yukons, but I am happy to say that we ended up with something smaller. I really liked the Toyota Sequioa and Jeep Commander, but they weren't strong enough to pull the boat. I really miss my Land Rover Discovery, but PBTB says no way, never again (something about being too expensive to fix) PBTB loves his new car, which is the most important and I was more than happy with the awesome deal we got ($2500 below low book) I was hoping for a sunroof and DVD player, but at least it has leather. With the money we saved I am sure we could add these. It is not my favorite color (how do we keep ending up with silver cars and black/grey interior, ahhhhhhh!) A deals a deal, I guess.