Sunday, August 24, 2008

Keep It In The Circus

"W"s first birthday was as perfect as it could be. I had the house decorated when he woke up and he "ooooohhhhh, ooooohhhhh"ed for the first couple hours of the day. Mom and Dad gave him a tool bench, a tent/tunnel, a book, and a scuttlebug. Everything is his favorite, but I think the best gift of all was the company of our friends and family. He was so excited to be surrounded by so many people he knows in his own house. I was relieved because he was his happy self all day and didn't have a meltdown, like I had feared. He handled the stimulation overload very well. We had the traditional spaghetti dinner, but with a twist. Instead of marinara, it was somewhat of a ratatouille sauce. And angel food cake, of course.

I love this face. I have about a dozen more with that exact expression.

A picture of "W" in the outfit I made him last minute. It barely fits. I used a vintage pattern and things used to fit a lot more snug.