Thursday, March 12, 2009

Difference a Day Makes

Today I saw my Dr. and am so excited to report that I had some belly growth, 2.5 cms, which puts me at 30 and I am 34 weeks along (no weight gain). This doesn't change anything really as far as early induction goes, but it sure does makes me feel better. My diagnosis is still IUGR as a result of the placenta, which after Monday I was beginning to wonder about. They kept telling me that everything looked good and the placenta was functioning properly, which led me to believe their must be something wrong with ET. When I asked my Dr. about that today, she informed me that they meant is was functioning well enough for them not to induce yet, I seriously could have kissed her. The NST also went well, which has been pretty typical. I am so lucky to have such an active little fella, it makes all the medical professionals happy. Except for the few times he kicked the monitor off :) I even got to see his cute little face in the middle of a lengthy yawn, which after the last few days of worry brought tears to my eyes.