Friday, April 8, 2011

It Never Gets Any Easier

There are some gut-wrenching, soul-crushing things that come along with parenthood. I know that's dramatic, but it just kills me to cut off my kids' curls....or pack up clothes....or anything that represents them getting older. Hence the shaggy hairdo's around here. I wait until the grandma's have been nagging for months until I get out the shears. I cut "W"s hair for the first time about a month before his second birthday. With ET I was determined to wait until he was two, I was 5 days early, but it was getting bad. I fought back tears the whole time and then I had to get re-acquainted with the 2 strangers that were running around my house. (failed to get pics of "W") But it didn't stop there....I was a little sulky for at least 2 days, even though he is equally cute, if not cuter. Why is this so hard for me?! ET was not fond of getting his haircut, he shed many tears himself. But, he was pleased with the end result. (my apologies for the dirty face, he'd been in our dirtpile of a yard with PBTB)