Saturday, April 9, 2011

Series of Unfortunate Events

ET got his first set of stitches yesterday (notice I'm not expecting it to be his last). PBTB took the boys with him to the bank to sign some papers. The boys were doing their usual, raising cain, when their feet got tangled, sending ET face first into the corner of a granite pillar. PBTB called me on the way to the instacare and asked me to come assist. Between the 2 boys, this is the third incident involving stitches. The first time I held "W"s head while they sewed his finger back on, the second time my mom offered to hold "W" while they sewed his lip up (I am eternally grateful), this time I was involved in the human child restraint again. So awful. When we got home, I was afraid we wouldn't make it a solid hour without having to go back to the hospital. "W" tripped and hit his head on the corner of the nightstand and started bleeding. They both stuffed things up their noses, that I was afraid was going to have to be surgically retrieved. ET stepped sideways off our step stool and I grabbed his arm just as he was heading for the floor. I was praying I could get them to bed before there was nothing left of them.