Saturday, February 21, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods

To Grandmother's house we go. That's right folks, I didn't want to mention it before for fear of a jinx, but we have sold our house and have to be out by the 28th. This is extremely bittersweet.

I am elated because....

1. Who wouldn't be in this horrible housing market?

2. PBTB and I have a tremendous opportunity before us

3. I am so done with thinking our house has been sold since last July!

4. I was not looking forward to hauling another newborn up and down our metal/wood staircase

I am heartbroken because....

1. I have been in love with our house since I stepped foot in it 7 1/2 years ago

2. "W" LOVES home, it kills me that I can't explain things to him

3. We will be living out of boxes, indefinitely

4. Did I mention that I love this house?

Needless to say, I better get busy. I have a million things to do, besides packing. I did get a chance to squeeze in a baby shower this afternoon. Here is the sweater, that I almost didn't want to give away. Why don't I make lots of cute sweaters for my own kids? Oh yeah, they grow out of them before I finish.

On a lighter note, here is "W" experiencing homemade play dough for the first time. There was lots of shrill laughter involved.