Thursday, March 5, 2009

Flying Colors

ET passed his second non-stress test this afternoon and my second steroid shot was not nearly as painful as the first one. The shots take 48 hours to take effect and will make ET's lung and bowel development accelerate so that it will be safer for him to be born early. I will feel better when we pass that point. The best part, we made it back from the hospital without needing to be induced, yay! My next appointments will be on Monday and they will do another non-stress test and an ultrasound. I am hoping then they will be able to check on the IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction, the technical term for what I am experiencing)
Emotionally, I am completely and hopelessly distracted. I was certain that my 10:30 am Dr. appointment was at 2:40 pm. I, of course, missed it and was grateful that they could fit me in later. Then, we went on a search for preemie clothes. I am afraid to say I have been forced into doing 2 things I despise, shopping at Wal-Mart and buying baby clothes with stupid little animals on them. The lady at Target said that Wal-Mart was the only place that carries them. Does anyone know anything different about that?