Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Down Lo

No belly growth again today. (I did want to mention, that I gained 3 1/2 lbs. I was proud of that, but evidently it doesn't really matter.) The Dr. now seems pretty certain that it is the placenta failing. She informed me that she would not allow me to go past 37 weeks, which is April 3rd, my oldest brother's bd. However, I have to monitor baby's movements once a day for an hour. If I don't get 6 kicks in the hour, I go directly to the hospital, do not pass go, do not collect $200. And, I have to take a packed bag to each of my appointments, in case they decide to induce after any of them. Isn't this sort of thing supposed to happen to other people? Not that I would wish it on anyone, it's just hard to wrap my head around. (PS, I believe that a nurse should warn you if a shot in the hip is going to hurt that bad, betamethasone, not fun! and I have to do it again tomorrow.)